Hyde Park Counseling Professionals take pride in guiding our clients to understand their specific needs and recommending life management tools. Our therapists have a variety of experience, training, certifications and specialties.
Individual & Family Therapy
- Adolescents (age 17 and older)
Mental Health Issues
- Mood & Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, compulsive overeating)
- Outpatient (OP) Counseling Sessions
- Levels of Care Provided
- Chemical Dependency Diagnosis
- Employment Diagnosis & Counseling
- Court Ordered Diagnosis & Counseling
- Work-life balance
- Loss of Employment
- Medical Issues
- Aging parents
- Medical Health/Disorders
- Chemical Dependence and Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
New to therapy?
Here are answers to frequently asked questions about therapy:
- Therapy does not ‘fix’ you. You may be wounded, scarred or/and pained, but you are not broken. The process of therapy educates and creates a path to healing.
- Progress happens gradually, at the client’s pace.
- Therapists do more than just listen. Our counselors are trained in many therapeutic interventions that are tailored to each client’s needs.
- Therapy is not Easy. It is hard work that our counselors will guide you through.
- Therapy typically lasts between six weeks to six months, but the length is dependent on many variables.
- Licensed therapists cannot legally prescribe medication.
- The terms ‘counselor’ and ‘therapist’ are synonymous.
- No need to be nervous about the first session. Both you and the therapist are new to one another.
- Although you can, you are not required to lie down during counseling sessions. Our aim is to create a comfortable, calming environment for our clients.